Lasagne can be seasoned with different kind of tomato sauces:
- Vegetable ragù: with no meat at all, suitable for vegetarians, lasagne are served with very finely chopped vegetables (carrots, celery, leeks, potatoes, eggplant, zucchini…);
- ‘Norma’: revising the classical Norma sauce, you can season the lasagne with tomato sauce, fresh basil, grated Pecorino and fried eggplant slices;
- Amatriciana sauce: use trimmed bacon instead of ground beef meat;
- with sausages: add sausages to beef meat;
- with bell peppers: add finely chopped bell peppers to tomato sauce;
- Sicilian pesto: 2 handful of nuts, 2 cloves of garlic, tomato sauce, 100 gr of fresh ricotta cheese, and basil;
- With meatballs: prepare small meatballs of beef meat with egg, Pecorino, parsley, garlic and a little milk. Dip the meatballs in sour, fry , drain and finish cooking in tomato sauce;
- Fish sauce: add 1 or 3 packages of seafood ready for Risotto.
- with asparagus, fava beans or peas, as in Easter recipes;
- with red radicchio: boil radicchio and put in alternative layers with besciamella, mozzarella, and parmigiano;
- with mushrooms: cook frozen mushrooms in oil, garlic and parsley and put in alternative layers with besciamella, mozzarella, and parmigiano;
- with grilled zucchini: grill zucchini and put in alternative layers with besciamella, mozzarella, and parmigiano;
- with Pesto alla genovese, simply add pesto sauce to besciamella;
- with ricotta and spinaches: boil, drain well and blend spinaches, then add them to besciamella. Shred ricotta on lasagne instead of mozzarella;
- with squash and sausages: boil the squash and press well with a fork, until you have a purèe. Whisk to besciamella and put in alternative layers with sautèe salsiccia, minced mozzarella and parmigiano;
- with artichokes: in a skillet cook the artichokes (trimmed and sliced);
- with ham steak and Fontina cheese: mince the fontina and put in alternative layers with besciamella, shredded mozzarella, Fontina, Parmigiano, and sliced ham steak;
- with ham steak, mushrooms, and spinaches : boil spinaches and drain well; in a skillet cook the mushrooms with oil, garlic, and parsley; put spinaches, mushrooms, ham steak in alternative layers with besciamella and shredded mozzarella.
- with fresh tomatoes, basil, and stracchino (or robiola): boil lasagne and season with all the fresh ingredients;
- Caprese: stuff fresh lasagne (or already cooked) with mozzarella, cherry tomatoes cut in wedges and a plenty of basil. Bake in oven as usual;
- with courgette flowers: dip courgette flowers in flour and fry in a skillet, than add to boiled lasagne and stracchino.